Advancing School, Afterschool and Community Partnerships
Are strategic partnerships necessary for your organization? Whether your need arises from programming, sustainability or new trends such as expanded learning time, this seminar will help you reach out and build valuable relationships. Learn from and interact with specialists from schools, afterschool programs and community-based organizations seeking to promote a new way of forging partnerships. Learn how to create a shared vision with strategies and policies that will benefit youth.Who Should Attend:
- School, Afterschool and Community-based professionals seeking common understanding and tools for forging partnerships.
- Why schools, afterschool programs, and community partners need to work together.
- To recognize that each “culture” offers unique attributes (families, schools, afterschool, communities).
- To explore implications and opportunities of extended learning time and other models put forth in support of youth development.
- How to partner, create a shared vision, and develop an action plan.