Continuous Quality Improvement
This training will familiarize participants with standards for quality afterschool programs and begin a process of making program improvements which reflect those standards. Through interactive group sessions and hands-on activities, participants are introduced to the six elements of quality: Human Relationships, Indoor and Outdoor Environments, Activities, Safety, Health and Nutrition, and Administration.Goals of Training:
- Learn tools to ensure continuous quality improvement.
- Learn team-building skills that will support these improvements.
- Create improvement strategies which are individualized to the participants specific programs.
- Program teams composed of one director and one staff member.
- Programs interested in taking action to improve quality.
- Three days of training.
- Follow-up technical assistance available.