Massachusetts QRIS participants - Assessment of Program Practices Tool (APT) Training
For Massachusetts QRIS (MA Quality Rating and Improvement System Standards) participants, NIOST has the following offerings:
APT Training (for level 1 and level 2 programs)
For programs initiating self-assessment and data collection. This training is designed for afterschool program staff and managers.
- How APT fits into the QRIS quality improvement process
- How to conduct observation and an introduction to the APT Tool
- Understanding the specific sections of the APT-O & APT-Q that are required
- Using APT – to help guide you in self-assessment and continuous program improvement
- How to interpret your data and using the information for program improvement (touching on topics such as linking to academics, staff development training, connecting to schools and families, etc.)
Important: We strongly encourage people to register in teams of at least two per program.
Contact us to learn more about APT training.
1) APT Training for Level 3 programs moving to Level 4:
Using your findings from the APT to target specific areas of quality identified by the tools and how program practices can be adapted to improve ratings in these areas
Option: Reliability training for APT users
2) APT Coaching or individualized support to help implement the tool and interpret the data
3) APT Results - Data collection and analysis including preparation of an individual site report with key findings.
Please re-visit this page; as training is arranged, it will be posted here.