NIOST Training Programs
NIOST is a national leader in providing highly interactive, research-based training for directors and staff, school administrators, community leaders, and others committed to providing high quality afterschool programs for children and youth.
We offer custom solutions for small and large-scale initiatives on topics such as program improvement, assessment and evaluation, leadership development, youth learning and enrichment, as well as relationship building.
Program Improvement trainings introduce participants to the standards of quality afterschool programs and teach participants strategies for implementing program improvement.
- After-School Quality (ASQ)
- Massachusetts QRIS APT Training
- Quality Advisor Training
- Seminar for System Builders
- TeamsWork! On the Road to Program Improvement
- Continuous Quality Improvement
Assessment and Evaluation tools help out-of-school time programs identify program quality strengths and areas for improvement by focusing on appropriate and realistic outcomes for youth.
- APAS - A Program Assessment System
- The Assessment of Program Practices Tool (APT)
- The Survey of Academic and Youth Outcomes for Staff and Teachers (SAYO S and SAYO T)
- The Survey of Academic Youth Outcomes for Youth (SAYO Y)
- APAS Online Training
Leadership Development trainings support program directors and others involved in developing the out-of-school time workforce to create stable programs that will benefit youth.
- Effective Management in Out-of-School Time: A Directors' Retreat
- Leading for Quality
- Leadership Consulting & Training
Youth Learning and Enrichment trainings are designed to teach participants ways to connect with children that can enhance learning potential.
- Links to Learning (also available: Train the Trainer option)
- Project-Based Learning Workshop
- Advancing School, Afterschool and Community Partnerships
Relationship Building trainings help programs create work environments with shared visions and common languages so that programs can be better managed and face challenges.