APAS is one of the only assessment systems available that helps afterschool programs link quality and youth outcomes together in a comprehensive, flexible and integrated fashion.
APAS includes three measurement tools:
- The Survey of Academic and Youth Outcomes (SAYO) S and T, completed by staff and teachers.
- The new Survey of Academic and Youth Outcomes (SAYO) Y, completed by youth.
- The Assessment of Program Practices Tool (APT).
Together, these user-friendly tools are designed to help afterschool programs improve program quality and focus on appropriate and realistic outcomes for youth. These tools address the accountability challenge that faces afterschool programs.
Goals of Training:
- Understand the APAS program improvement approach.
- Develop confidence in using the APAS instruments - SAYO and APT.
- Learn to use the APAS results to improve your afterschool program.
- Afterschool directors, supervisors, curriculum & education coordinators, and 21st CCLC personnel interested in utilizing the APAS system.
- Trainers prepare participants to use APAS evaluation system to improve their program quality.
- Practice observations using the APT video clip portal.
- Includes reference manual and all instruction and materials needed to use APAS.
Training Format Options: