The Survey of Academic and Youth Outcomes
Staff Survey (SAYO S) and Teacher Survey (SAYO T)
The Survey of Academic and Youth Outcomes (SAYO) is designed to complement APT or to be used on its own, SAYO S by staff and SAYO T by teachers. SAYO measures eight outcome areas that research suggests are linked to long-term positive development and academic and life success in afterschool program youth. SAYO is adaptable; programs collect data on the outcomes aligned with their goals and practices in an easy to use pre- and post-test that demonstrates changes and gains made over the course of the year.
Goals of Training:
- Learn about SAYO S and SAYO T and how they should be used.
- Learn how to:
- Plan your SAYO evaluation.
- Customize the SAYO tools.
- Prepare staff and teachers to complete the SAYO.
- Distribute and collect SAYO data.
- Understand and use your findings.
- Complete the SAYO user agreement.
- Afterschool directors, supervisors, curriculum & education coordinators, and 21st CCLC personnel interested in utilizing the APAS system.
- One day of training.
- Learn the SAYO S and SAYO T APAS tools to increase positive youth outcomes within your program.